Elementary/PreK4 Dress Code
The purpose of the dress code is to promote a positive academic atmosphere, establish guidelines and promote dress standards that are pleasing to God and glorifying to the name of Jesus Christ (II Thessalonians 1:11-12). Anything related to dress code or grooming that may cause a distraction to the learning environment or is not reflective of Shiloh Christian School’s mission or core values may be considered inappropriate.
Chapel Dress (Thursday)
- Prescribed navy polo shirts with embroidery logo must be purchased in the elementary office for $20.
- White or navy turtlenecks or t-shirts may be worn under chapel polo shirts.
- Students may wear navy sweaters, sweatshirts, or jackets over chapel shirts in winter.
- Khaki Monday-Wednesday-approved bottoms.
Regular Dress (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Solid polo shirts with a collar and buttons on plaque, long-sleeved or short-sleeved in any color.
- Solid colored long sleeve t-shirts or turtlenecks may be worn under solid polo shirts.
- Navy, khaki or blue jean shorts—length must be within 2” of the top of the knee cap.
- Navy, khaki or blue jean pants, no rips, frays, holes, fashion tears or embellishments.
- Navy or khaki skort or skirt—length must be within 2” of the top of the knee cap.
- Navy or khaki jumper—length must be within 2” of the top of the knee cap.
- Girls may wear any solid color polo dresses which are within 2” of the top of the knee cap.
- No jean shirts or jean jumpers.
- If students are cold in the classroom, they may wear solid navy sweaters, jackets, or sweatshirts with polo or turtleneck shirts beneath them.
Spirit Dress (Friday)
- Spirit shirt – any t-shirt or sweatshirt labeled with Shiloh Christian.
- Everyone will wear Monday-Wednesday-approved bottoms.
- Tennis shoes with laces or Velcro are required for daily wear. (No sandals, open-toed shoes, boots, clogs, slip-on shoes or crocs.)
- Socks must be worn with tennis shoes.
No hats in the building.
- Girls will need shorts under skirts or jumpers or polo dresses.
- Girls’ leggings may be worn under skirts or jumpers or polo dresses.
- No embellishments to dress code bottoms including stripes down the side, glitter/sequins, or decoration.
- Boys’ hair will not fall on the ears, eyebrows, or touch the collar, except for hair closely cut at the base of the neck.
- Solid navy sweaters, jackets, or sweatshirts may be worn in the classroom over polo or turtleneck shirts.
- Extreme fads are not permitted.
- Hair color must resemble natural hair coloring. (Purple, blue, green, red, and pink are not permitted.)
Dress code violations will be dealt with through warnings or a call home for a change of clothes.