Secondary Dress Code
2017-2018 Secondary Student Dress Code & Guidelines
The purpose of the dress code is to promote a positive academic atmosphere, establish guidelines and promote dress standards that are pleasing to God and glorifying to the name of Jesus Christ (II Thessalonians 1:11-12). Anything related to dress code or grooming that may cause a distraction to the learning environment or is not reflective of Shiloh Christian Schools mission or core values may be considered inappropriate.
All clothing must be modest, clean, covering well. Attire cannot be oversized or too tight. Rips, frays, holes, fashion tears and similar are prohibited.
All shirts must be collared, (fold over collar) sleeved and of a polo or button-down style. Sheer shirts are prohibited.
Shiloh Christian sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats and jackets are approved for on-campus wear. This Shiloh Christian apparel may be worn over a collared shirt. Non - Shiloh sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats and jackets may not have a logo larger than 4X4 inches in size.
All pants or jeans must be of a solid color.
Shorts must be of a solid color or plaid. The length of shorts must be no more than a dollar bill width above the kneecap while standing.
Skirts and Dresses
Skirts and dresses are only permitted on Honor Dress days.
Rubber flip-flops and slides are prohibited.
Honor Dress will be required for certain special events or occasions. General dress code standards apply with the following exceptions:
- Shirts or blouses must have a fold-over collar.
- Dresses are NOT required to have a fold over collar. Skirts and dresses MUST fall below the knee when standing.
- Sweaters may be worn if high-necked or worn over a collared shirt.
- Dress pants, skirts or dresses (no denim or colored denim) must be modest, clean, covering well. Additionally, all skirts MUST fall below the knee.
- Dress shoes and dress sandals are required (no tennis shoes).
- Attire cannot be oversized or too tight and should conform to the directives of the dress code.
- Shirts must be full button-up and tucked in.
- Neck ties are required.
- Sweaters may be worn over the shirt and tie.
- Dress pants are required (no denim or colored denim).
- Dress shoes are required (no tennis shoes).
Friday Spirit Dress
Shiloh Christian logo - shirts may be worn in addition to normal dress code wear. The main emphasis of the t-shirt logo or lettering must be Shiloh. Shirts that are Christian/church themed, but are not related to Shiloh, are not allowed. If spirit dress is not worn, normal dress guidelines must be followed. Non-Shiloh, non-collared shirts are not allowed.