Secondary Dress Code
The purpose of the dress code is to promote a positive academic atmosphere, establish guidelines and promote dress standards that are pleasing to God and glorifying to the name of Jesus Christ (II Thessalonians 1:11-12). Anything related to dress code or grooming that may cause a distraction to the learning environment or is not reflective of Shiloh Christian School’s mission or core values may be considered inappropriate.
Shiloh Christian Students shall abstain from politically motivated attire while on campus. Our goal is to provide an environment of unity. Due to the polarizing political climate that we face, we believe it is best that all students abstain from political attire. Additionally, the only authorized flags in vehicles are the United States and the Christian flags.
Regular Dress Code (Monday - Thursday)
All clothing must be modest, clean, covering well. Attire cannot be oversized or too tight. Rips, holes, and similar are prohibited.
All shirts must be collared, sleeved, and of a polo or button-down style (must be buttoned). If a student is wearing a coat or hoodie, there must be a collared shirt underneath.
Shiloh Christian shirts sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats and jackets are approved for on-campus wear. This Shiloh Christian apparel may be worn over a collared shirt. Non - Shiloh shirts, sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats, and jackets must be appropriate, non-political, no vulgar images, weapons, drug paraphernalia, and cannot have any negative connotations. The Dean of Students reserves the right to deem clothing item as inappropriate.
All pants or jeans must be appropriate and modest in nature.
Shorts must be appropriate and modest in nature. The length of shorts must be no more than a dollar bill width above the kneecap while standing. (Both male and female)
Skirts and Dresses
Dresses are not required to have a collar. Skirts and dresses must be no more than a dollar bill width above the middle of the kneecap while standing.
Rubber flip-flops and athletic slides are prohibited. Crocs and Birkenstock style of shoes are appropriate.
Friday Spirit Day Dress (Every Friday & As Notified)
Shiloh Christian logo - shirts may be worn in addition to normal dress code wear. The main emphasis of the t-shirt logo or lettering must be Shiloh. Shirts that are Christian/church themed, but are not related to Shiloh, are not allowed. If spirit dress is not worn, normal dress guidelines must be followed. Non-Shiloh, non-collared shirts are not allowed.
Honor Dress (As Notified)
Honor Dress will be required for certain special events or occasions. General dress code standards apply with the following exceptions:
- Shirts or blouses must have a collar.
- Sweaters may be worn if high-necked or worn over a collared shirt.
- Dress pants, skirts or dresses (no denim or colored denim) must be modest, clean, covering well.
- Dresses are not required to have a collar. Skirts and dresses must be no more than a dollar bill width above the middle of the kneecap while standing.
- Dress shoes and dress sandals are required (no tennis shoes).
- Attire can neither be too tight or too lose, it must fit appropriately with modesty in mind.
- Shirts must be full button-up and tucked in.
- Neck ties are required including bowties
- Sweaters may be worn over the shirt and tie.
- Dress pants are required (no denim or colored denim).
- Dress styled shoes are required.
Other Dress Code and Grooming Guidelines:
- Boys must be clean shaven.
- Facial hair is not permitted.
- Boys hair shall not fall on the ears or eyebrows, or touch the collar.
- Boys must cut and groom their hair in such a way that it does not fall on the ears or eyebrows, or touch the collar, except for the closely cut hair at the base of the neck.
- Extreme styles are not permitted and include: pony tails, mullets, mo-hawk, and similar.
- Sideburns may not be flared and must be a clean shaven horizontal line and will not extend below the earlobe.
- Hats, hoods, or visors are not permitted in any academic area.
- No male earrings at Shiloh or any Shiloh Christian function.
- Girls may not have more than two earrings per ear at school or any Shiloh Christian function.
- No body piercings, other than ears, nor tattoos may be visible at school or at any Shiloh Christian function.
- Hair color must resemble natural hair coloring. i.e. blonde, brown, black, natural red (any other colors such as purple, blue, green, red, pink etc. are not permitted)
Any other dress or styling items that the Secondary Dean or Dean of Students deems unfitting with Shiloh Christian Standards has the right to deny entry to Shiloh until the student is in the appropriate attire or styling.