Secondary Dress Code
The purpose of the dress code is to promote a positive academic atmosphere, establish guidelines and promote dress standards that are pleasing to God and glorifying to the name of Jesus Christ (II Thessalonians 1:11-12). Anything related to dress code or grooming that may cause a distraction to the learning environment or is not reflective of Shiloh Christian School’s mission or core values may be considered inappropriate.
Regular Dress (Mondays - Thursdays)
All clothing must be modest, clean, covering well. Attire cannot be oversized or too tight. Rips, frays, holes, fashion tears and similar are prohibited.
Shirts - All shirts must be collared (fold over collar), sleeved, and of a polo or button-down style. Sheer shirts are prohibited. If student is wearing a coat or hoodie, there must be a collared shirt underneath. Turtlenecks are considered a fold over collar.
Outerwear – Shiloh and non-Shiloh sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats and jackets are approved for on-campus wear, but must be worn over a collared shirt. Non - Shiloh sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, coats and jackets must be appropriate and cannot have any negative connotations, vulgar images, weapons, drug paraphernalia, or any other item deemed inappropriate by the Dean of Students. (a full collared shirt with a fold over collar must be worn under said jackets)
- Pants - All pants or jeans must be of a solid color. They must look like they require a belt however belts do not have to be worn and shirts do not have to be tucked in.
- Shorts - Shorts must be of a solid color or plaid. For both males and females, the length of shorts must be no more than a dollar bill width above the middle of the kneecap while standing. Shorts cannot be athletic shorts; they must look like they require a belt, however, belts do not have to be worn, and shirts do not have to be tucked in.
- Skirts and dresses - Skirts and dresses are only allowed on Honor Dress days.
Shoes – All Shoes are allowed except rubber flip-flops and athletic slides which are prohibited. Crocs and Birkenstock style of shoes are considered appropriate.
Spirit Dress (Fridays)
Shiloh Christian logo - shirts may be worn in addition to normal dress code wear. The main emphasis of the t-shirt logo or lettering must be Shiloh. Shirts that are Christian/church themed, but are not related to Shiloh, are not allowed. If spirit dress is not worn, normal dress guidelines must be followed. Non-Shiloh, non-collared shirts are not allowed.
Honor Dress (Special Occasions)
Honor Dress will be required for certain special events or occasions. General dress code standards apply with the following exceptions:
- Shirts or blouses must have a fold-over collar.
- Sweaters may be worn if high-necked or worn over a collared shirt.
- Dress pants, skirts or dresses (no denim or colored denim) must be modest, clean, covering well.
- Dresses are not required to have a fold over collar. Skirts and dresses must be no more than a dollar bill width above the middle of the kneecap while standing.
- Dress shoes and dress sandals are required (no tennis shoes or sneaker style Vans).
- Attire can neither be too tight or too lose, it must fit appropriately with modesty in mind.
- Shirts must be full button-up and tucked in.
- Neck ties are required including bowties.
- Jackets or Sweaters may be worn over the shirt and tie.
- Dress pants are required (no denim or colored denim).
- Dress shoes are required (no tennis shoes or sneaker style Vans).
Other Dress Code and Grooming Guidelines:
- Boys must be clean shaven/no facial hair.
- Facial hair is not permitted.
- Boys must cut and groom their hair in such a way that it does not fall on the ears or eyebrows, or touch the collar.
- Extreme styles are not permitted and include: pony tails, mullets, mo-hawk, and similar.
- Sideburns may not be flared and must be a clean shaven horizontal line.
- Hats, hoods, or visors are not permitted in any academic area.
- No male earrings at Shiloh or any Shiloh Christian function.
- Girls may not have more than two earrings per ear at school or any Shiloh Christian function.
- No body piercings, other than ears, nor tattoos may be visible at school or at any Shiloh Christian function.
- Hair color must resemble natural hair coloring. i.e. blonde, brown, black, natural red (any other colors such as purple, blue, green, red, pink etc. are not permitted).
- Any other dress or styling items that the Secondary Dean or Dean of Students deems unfitting.
Shiloh Christian has the right to deny entry to Shiloh until the student is in the appropriate attire or styling.